The London Feminist Film Festival will take place from 29 November to 2 December 2012. The festival aims to counterbalance the mainstream film industry’s narrow representation of women and its neglect of women’s issues by showing a selection of films made by women filmmakers from around the world. The films will be feminist in their representation of women and/or their handling of feminist issues.
Deadline: 31 August 2012.
• Women directors from any country may enter.
• Films should deal with feminist issues and/or be feminist in their representation of women.
• Films can be of any length or genre, and from any year.
• Non-English language films must be presented in English-subtitled versions.
How to submit:
Click on the button below to pay your submission fee via PayPal or with a credit/debit card. Submission fee is £5 per short film and £10 per mid–full length (30+ minutes) film.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your film online or to request the postal address for submitting via DVD. Please include the following information in your email:
• Film director’s name, contact details, and short biography
• Title of film
• Year of production
• Country of production
• Film credits (producer, writer, etc)
• Synopsis of film including why you think it is suitable for the festival
• Length of film in minutes
• Where it has been screened before, if applicable
• PayPal payment confirmation number
Successful applicants will be notified by 21 September 2012.
Disclaimer: The festival reserves the right to use an excerpt not exceeding three minutes from any submitted films for promotional purposes.