Submit your feminist films to us and be part of LFFF2018! We are looking for films by women directors from around the world, of any year, genre, or length. The deadline for this year is 15 May. We look forward to receiving your feminist films and to seeing you at the festival!
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM:
This year we are only accepting submissions via FilmFreeway via the button below. The earlybird deadline for submission to LFFF2018 is February 2018 and the regular the regular deadline for submission is May 15.
Rules & Terms for submission to LFFF 2018:
– Films should be relevant to the festival, i.e. engage in some way with feminist issues.
– In keeping with our mission, we accept films created by all women. We do not accept submissions by male directors, as they are already well-represented in the industry and have other spaces open to them.
– Films under 25 minutes should be submitted as shorts, films between 25 and 50 minutes should be submitted as medium length and films over 50 minutes should be submitted as features.
– We accept films from any year or genre and of any length.
– Non-English language films should be sent in English-subtitled versions.
– The submitter must be entitled to submit the film and own the legal rights to screen it.
– Submission does not guarantee acceptance; the LFFF team will select the films to be shown and the submitter will be notified if her film has been accepted.
– The submission fee is non-refundable.
– By submitting a film, the filmmakers, copyright owners and distribution rights owners agree to have the film screened if selected for the program.
– We will require selected filmmakers to send promotional materials and reserve the right to use stills and images for our own use on our website, programme and press releases.
– The film has to be submitted digitally (Vimeo link or similar). Once selected for screening you should be able to provide a DCP, Blu-Ray or DVD for screening purposes via post.
– Shipping costs / digital transfer costs will be paid by the filmmaker. If required, return shipping is to be paid by the filmmaker.
– The London Feminist Film Festival is unable at present to pay screening fees. By submitting your project, you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
Thanks and good luck!